Who we are
Our website address is: https://athletemaestro.com.
Hi. Tola here. I just want to let you know that I care about the use of your personal information online. So as a Lawyer myself its only fair I inform of the rights you have and the privacy policies we have here at Athlete Maestro.
When using Athlete Maestro, you submit your personal information to us depending on the service or products or free resources we provide. This means you may have protectable rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws.
The GDPR is a new law that came into force in Europe which aims at protecting the rights of European Citizens and ensuring that businesses are treating your information with high standards. If you don’t reside in the European Union you still have rights which we will protect here at Athlete Maestro.
Here are some of the rights you possess:
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we use the said information.
- You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
These are the personal information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter or download any of our Free Guides:
- Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Our Free Ebook on the 5 Biggest Mistakes Athletes Make
- Opt-In To Free Email Course.
- Downloading our Free Checklists or Guides.
- Subscribing to our email newsletter.
Our paid products are not available yet on the website but when they are we shall collect the following information
- You name, email address, billing information and payment source.
- You information might be processed by a third party payment processor for ease of transaction.
You might be asking what’s the purpose of processing your personal data? We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- To provide you with information on the products and services we offer as well as to provide you practical educational information as it relates to you succeeding in your chosen sports.
- As it relates to our paid products we process your data to process a purchase you make with us.
What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union just like a said earlier. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows.
Please note that we always require your consent before having your information stored or processed with us. So we would never sent you an E-Book, checklist or guide if you have not consented to it in the first place. The said consent can be withdrawn at any time. Just send an email to email@example.com or you can use the “unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of every email.
Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
Just like us these third parties are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
What other personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Finally we are committed to only using your data in the right way. If you have any questions or issues as it relates to how we use your data. Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll personally see to the handling of it.